Whip up a batch of these nutty, fruity scones on the weekend and wrap the leftovers individually in plastic wrap before storing in the freezer. Pull one out to thaw before you head to bed and you'll have the perfect grab-and-go breakfast.
TIME: 40 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a 9" round baking pan with cooking spray.2 c whole wheat pastry flour
1 c pecans, chopped (MUFA)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 1/4 c low-fat vanilla yogurt
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
2/3 c dried sweetened cranberries
2. Whisk together the flour, pecans, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together the yogurt, oil, and orange zest in a small bowl.
4. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the yogurt mixture and cranberries. Stir just until blended.
5. Press into the prepared pan. Score the dough with a knife to form 8 triangles. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Make It A Flat-Belly Meal: Serve with 1 cup fat-free milk (80) and 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges (80). Total Meal: 370 calories
Nutrition Info Per Serving (1 scone): 308 cal, 6 g pro, 38 g carb, 15 g fat, 1.5 g sat fat, 2 mg chol, 350 mg sodium, 5 g fiber
This elegant parfait is the perfect way to start any morning, and it's so easy to put together! From the Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook.
Feel free to swap out the banana or raspberries for blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, or peaches. Try a different combination each week!
TIME: 5 minutes
1 banana, sliced
1 c raspberries
1 container (5.3 ounces) fat-free Greek-style yogurt
1 ½ c Granola recipe or store-bought granola.
Directions for Granola Parfait:
Layer the banana, raspberries, yogurt, and granola in 2 tall glasses and serve immediately.
Nutrition Info Per Serving (1 parfait): 420 cal, 14 g pro, 67 g carb, 13 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 0 mg chol, 140 mg sodium, 14 g fiber
THANKS AGAIN PREVENTION.COM!