About Me

My photo
The way I see it, the time is NOW... for change to come & happiness, health & strength to be found. As of 2012, this has only changed in the way that I have stumbled upon an amazing at home business venture that has given me the avenue to ACTUALLY help transform peoples lives. Funny thing is, that's been my goal all along. So now I not only share who I am here but what I do. The fact is that anyone of you can actually find your happiness & success thru allowing the right connections to occur in your life. If you are on my blog... you made it here because you are looking to shift, strive, smile &/or change. Well now, I can help guide you to do any & all of the above thru personal motivation, life changing products with an outstanding reputation & LONG list of testimonials, substantial savings with our shopping annuity & incredible business opportunities to actually call your own... While never having to leave the security of your current J O B! Never be afraid to give something you know nothing about a chance; at least to hear about it. Then you can make an educated decision to pass it up not an ignorant one. The opportunities exist.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sorry for the delay folks! Had a busy weekend... But I'll make up for the missed recipes today! Oh, and I do have a fellow blogger that has asked me what my resting heart rate is. Just HaVe not remembered to take it when I wake up!! Ugh!!! I will get to it... thank you for stayin' on me I.L. ! ;)

No work out on Friday or Saturday but ToDaY I ran my first 'Cinco de miler' 5 mile run at Montrose Harbor with our 13 year old Brandon! Quite impressed... He stuck with me for all 5 miles at an average 9:27 pace!

Isotonix cocktail this morning and then 1/2 a bagel w/cream cheese before the run with water.

Some gatorade and more water during the run. Then post run... we got a mystery burrito with chips n' salsa. (Needless to say we didn't eat much of that.) But I did eat the churro!! That way my husband didn't eat 3 of them!! :) Scurried back home to hit 'MeatHeads'!! It was a whole household affair and it was great!! Meathead burger n' cajun fries with a Coke Zero... and yes, MoSt of a chocolate shake!!! =) Finished off the night with a slice or two of friendship bread and 1/2 a glass of skim milk. NO MORE FUEL TODAY!!! Blah!!! Lol...

Well, as promised... a few more recipes... Have a great week bloggers!!!

Cranberry-Pecan Scones

Whip up a batch of these nutty, fruity scones on the weekend and wrap the leftovers individually in plastic wrap before storing in the freezer. Pull one out to thaw before you head to bed and you'll have the perfect grab-and-go breakfast.

TIME: 40 minutes
SERVINGS: 8


1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a 9" round baking pan with cooking spray.2 c whole wheat pastry flour
1 c pecans, chopped (MUFA)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 1/4 c low-fat vanilla yogurt
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
2/3 c dried sweetened cranberries

2. Whisk together the flour, pecans, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.

3. Whisk together the yogurt, oil, and orange zest in a small bowl.

4. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the yogurt mixture and cranberries. Stir just until blended.

5. Press into the prepared pan. Score the dough with a knife to form 8 triangles. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Recipe Tip
Make It A Flat-Belly Meal:
Serve with 1 cup fat-free milk (80) and 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges (80). Total Meal: 370 calories

Nutrition Info Per Serving (1 scone): 308 cal, 6 g pro, 38 g carb, 15 g fat, 1.5 g sat fat, 2 mg chol, 350 mg sodium, 5 g fiber


&


Granola Parfait

This elegant parfait is the perfect way to start any morning, and it's so easy to put together! From the Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook.

Feel free to swap out the banana or raspberries for blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, or peaches. Try a different combination each week!

TIME: 5 minutes
SERVINGS: 2


1 banana, sliced
1 c raspberries
1 container (5.3 ounces) fat-free Greek-style yogurt
1 ½ c Granola recipe or store-bought granola.

Directions for Granola Parfait:
Layer the banana, raspberries, yogurt, and granola in 2 tall glasses and serve immediately.

Nutrition Info Per Serving (1 parfait): 420 cal, 14 g pro, 67 g carb, 13 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 0 mg chol, 140 mg sodium, 14 g fiber


THANKS AGAIN PREVENTION.COM!











No comments: