Eggs Florentine with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Don't worry if you've never poached an egg before---the dash of vinegar in the water helps this egg white hold its shape.
TIME: 30 minutes
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and cook (in batches, if necessary) until wilted.1 tsp olive oil
1 package (9 ounces) pre-washed spinach
1/3 c fat-free Greek-style yogurt
1/4 c sun-dried tomato pesto (MUFA)
1 tsp vinegar
Pinch of salt
4 large eggs
2 whole grain English muffins, split and toasted
Freshly ground black pepper
2. Combine the yogurt and pesto. Stir 1/4 c into the spinach and remove from the heat. Cover to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan containing 1" of water to a boil over high heat. Add the vinegar and salt and reduce the heat to low. Break an egg into a custard cup and gently tip the egg into the water. Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs. Cover and simmer, shaking the pan 2 or 3 times, for 3 to 5 minutes for a soft-cooked yolk or until the whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken.
4. Place an English muffin half on each of 4 warm plates. Spoon 1/4 of the spinach onto each muffin. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon, and drain over paper towels (still in the spoon), before placing on the spinach.
5. Stir 1 Tbsp of the poaching liquid into the yogurt mixture to make it smoother. Spoon evenly over each egg and grind some pepper over the top.
Nutrition Info Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): 175 cal, 12 g pro, 21 g carb, 6 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 212 mg chol, 462 mg sodium, 5 g fiber