About Me

My photo
The way I see it, the time is NOW... for change to come & happiness, health & strength to be found. As of 2012, this has only changed in the way that I have stumbled upon an amazing at home business venture that has given me the avenue to ACTUALLY help transform peoples lives. Funny thing is, that's been my goal all along. So now I not only share who I am here but what I do. The fact is that anyone of you can actually find your happiness & success thru allowing the right connections to occur in your life. If you are on my blog... you made it here because you are looking to shift, strive, smile &/or change. Well now, I can help guide you to do any & all of the above thru personal motivation, life changing products with an outstanding reputation & LONG list of testimonials, substantial savings with our shopping annuity & incredible business opportunities to actually call your own... While never having to leave the security of your current J O B! Never be afraid to give something you know nothing about a chance; at least to hear about it. Then you can make an educated decision to pass it up not an ignorant one. The opportunities exist.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Today we add two recipes... Cause I missed blogging yesterday. Lol...

The fueling was kind of all over the place and portions weren't really even controlled. :( I feel so stuffed!!!! I don't like that feeling. Gotta' clean up my act this weekend and refocus on what is important to me. Fueling! Not gorging!! Ugh!!!

Haven't really gotten out for many runs and I really miss my circuit training. I do believe that calls for a routine over hall!! My sister in law is starting a 30 day challenge in the first week of June. ... I think that MY 30 day challenge starts THIS Monday!!! WORK OUT/RUN (minimum 15/30 minutes a day and no more than an hour and a half!) 5 to 6 days a week for a month straight! (It's JUST 4 weeks...) Gotta' be able to handle it right?! o_O

AND fueling has got to get in order again... can't lose what I have worked so hard to gain!!

I WILL succeed!!! Join me... and see what we accomplish by the 18th of JUNE?!?!

Measurements and weight need to be logged starting May 21!!! We have 2 WHOLE days to prepare... Let's kick some ass!!!

Now... some more recovery recipes.... Have a productive weekend bloggers!!

THE POWER SMOOTHIE


Why it Works: “Often after a work out I feel less like eating, but more like drinking,” says Ironman champion, Craig Alexander. That’s not surprising. A buildup of acids in your body after intense workouts will often cause loss of appetite, and sometimes even cause nausea. Nonetheless, it’s important to get carbs and protein into your body within 30 to 45 minutes of finishing your workout in order to deliver your muscles the nutrients they need to repair themselves. Alexander’s smoothie recipe is light enough to stomach, and also packs the protein (milk, protein powder, chia, and nuts), carbs (honey, banana, berries, and wheat germ) and anti-oxidants (thanks to the berries) you need to recover properly. The cold shake also helps bring down your core body temperature, helping to reduce inflammation throughout your body, a key step on the way to recovery.

The Recipe: Craig Alexander’s Recovery Smoothie
Add to a blender:
One cup of milk
Half a cup of frozen or fresh berries
One frozen or fresh banana (frozen gives it a better creamier texture and helps with internal cooling after a big session where the body temp is raised)
A teaspoon of honey
A dash of cinnamon
A handful of almonds or cashews
One scoop of
Body Science chocolate or vanilla protein powder ($73)* ChangeForLifeShoppe ($29.95)
A quarter cup of chia seeds
A quarter cup of wheat germ

Blend and drink.

* shop.com/changeforlifeshoppe

(and you get cash back!!)

TLS Protein Shake Powder Chocolate or Vanilla

PASTA


Why it works: Carbohydrates are important to replenish energy stores. The Mayo Clinic endorses pasta as good source of carbs for post-workout recovery—but don’t overdo it on the noodles. Eat about a cup-and-a-half of pasta so that there’s room for the protein and vitamins needed to help with recovery and refueling for another day on the trails.Dave Wiens, six-time winner of the Leadville Trails 100 MTB mountain bike race, whips up a mean Spaghetti alla Puttanesca for dinner during hard blocks of training. “The kind where I’m riding hard for consecutive days,” he says. To balance the meal, Weins makes sure to add salad and mix in some sort of protein. “My favorite is to add prosciutto. Occasionally I’ll make it with chicken or make it without meat and have a small piece of fresh caught Alaskan Sockeye Salmon or a tenderloin or rib steak on the side,” says Wiens.

The Recipe: Dave Wien’s Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
Ingredients

5 tbsp olive oil
Garlic (As much as you like and chopped as you like. Wiens uses a whole bulb and doesn’t like to chop it too fine.)
Onions as you like
Crushed dried chili as you like, for heat
Anchovy Paste as you like
2 fresh, or a 12oz can, of chopped tomatoes
½ -1 cup halved or quartered black olives
1 tbsp tomato paste
1-2 tbsp capers
Prosciutto or meat to suit
Fresh ground parmesan, Romano or Asiago cheese to top
Pasta shape of your choosing

Directions
Sautee garlic, onion and chili in olive oil until golden in cast iron skillet. Add anchovy paste, tomatoes, olives, capers and tomato paste. Continue stirring over medium heat. Get your pasta cooked just right, we like it al dente, of course. Mix the pasta into the sauce and cook for a couple more minutes and serve hot. We like it with fresh ground black pepper and grated cheese. I’ll usually complement this meal with a Blue Paddle from
New Belgium Brewery, but occasionally I’ll have a Moretti or a Peroni for authenticity.

No comments: